Sunday, March 16, 2008

Project Runway is Ruining My Life!!!!

I've become addicted to Project Runway.  I ended up catching a Project Runway marathon a few weeks ago and I became hopelessly hooked.  I loved the drama, the fashion, the cattiness. 

And I found myself learning a lot about the world of fashion.  How a designer becomes inspired by something.  How much of themselves goes into their designs. How each creation is almost like a snapshot of who the designer is as a person.

Now, lets look at this through the eyes of a TV professional like myself, I work for a PBS affiliate.  I am quite the media snob!  This program was not on Fox.  It was on Bravo.  I like Bravo, I like to think there was a lot of educational content.  I was impressed with what I took away from Project Runway.  And "Fierce" is now part of my vocabulary again.

I learned about what looks good.  What looks commercial.  I look at clothes with a much more critical eye. 

Now let's keep in mind that I have lost a lot of weight.  Before my wieght loss I was more concerned about finding clothes that fit rather than how they looked.  And because my self esteem was at an all time low, I was generally always in jeans and sneakers. 

Today I dropped by Marshalls.... there were so many cute things that I wanted to buy.  But not like the stuff I used to buy.  Things with little accents.  Things that had belts or interesting patterns or weavings.  Things that were FIERCE!!  Now I am much more conscious about what I put on my body.  And because I'm smaller than what I was, I am more willing to push the envelope of fashion a little more.

I don't think my wallet can take it!

DAMN YOU TIM GUNN AND YOUR FABULOUSNESS!!!  YOU DID THIS TO ME!!

4 comments: