Friday, November 23, 2007

And the Award Goes to....


Sonia's Sweet Potato Pie!!!

Happy Post Thanksgiving to everyone!  Yesterday I ate way too much at my Godmother's house!  Being a good guest, I did not show up empty handed....I hate it when people show up empty handed...bottom line, it's ghetto!!  But I digress....I came with my famous Sweet Potato Pie.

My family...being the good latin family that they are sit back and watch the women duke it out for top reviews through their food.  My Godmother as always made the most beautiful turkey.  Miss Gina bought her stuffing, which contains kidney beans, sausage and diced apples....soooo very good!  And I brough my pie...which usually ends up competing with Christina's pumpkin flan.

No flan this year....I was disappointed.

However, an new guest at our yearly Turkey fest brought pies too....sweet potato pie.  As she laid out her pie next to mine all I could thing was "What the $@#@ is this!!!"

Luckily...my pie blew hers out of the water.

That's really what the holidays are about....shaming each other through the flaws in our foods.  Well in my family anyway.  And of course...all that family bonding stuff too!

1 comment:

  1. Thank is too funny and I am glad your pie won hands down...

    ReplyDelete