Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Price of Gas Around the World....


I have been breathing a sigh or relief lately.  I managed to get rid of my Jeep and get into a
Toyota Corolla.  And just in time because the price of gas is getting higher and higher every day.  This is not to say I don't mind paying for gas now, but if I were still in the Jeep, I honestly I don't know how I would keep from going broke. 

Is it just us?  Are we the only ones being strangled at the gas pump?  What does the rest of the world pay for gas?

Netherlands Amsterdam $6.48
Norway Oslo $6.27
Italy Milan $5.96
Denmark Copenhagen $5.93
Belgium Brussels $5.91
Sweden Stockholm $5.80
United Kingdom London $5.79
Germany Frankfurt $5.57
France Paris $5.54
Portugal Lisbon $5.35
Hungary Budapest $4.94
Luxembourg
$4.82
Croatia Zagreb $4.81
Ireland Dublin $4.78
Switzerland Geneva $4.74
Spain Madrid $4.55
Japan Tokyo $4.24
Czech Republic Prague $4.19
Romania Bucharest $4.09
Andorra
$4.08
Estonia Tallinn $3.62
Bulgaria Sofia $3.52
Brazil Brasilia $3.12
Cuba Havana $3.03
Taiwan Taipei $2.84
Lebanon Beirut $2.63
South Africa Johannesburg $2.62
Nicaragua Managua $2.61
Panama Panama City $2.19
Russia Moscow $2.10
Puerto Rico San Juan $1.74
Saudi Arabia Riyadh $0.91
Kuwait Kuwait City $0.78
Egypt Cairo $0.65
Nigeria Lagos $0.38
Venezuela Caracas $0.12

5 comments:

  1. Are the European listings per GALLON or per litre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is a very good question. I'll have to check

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to the CNN article I got these figures from, the price is per gallon, not litres, and in American dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember being in Canada a few years back and thought their gas was much cheaper, until I saw it was per liter. I hear you loud and clear about being strangled at the pumps. One of the local gas stations that use to be reasonable has now join forces with the rest of the fuel companies and their prices have drastically increased within the past two weeks. I'm glad I work fairly close to home and that my car (also a Toyota) is good on gas. I'm getting ready to pack for Venezuela :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get heart palpatations just thinking about it!!!

    ReplyDelete