Thursday, July 24, 2008

100 Things About Me....

  1. I hate my middle name; it’s Margarita…. insert Jimmy Buffet jokes here.
  2. I attended Catholic School and I bolted for the door on the Catholic faith the second I saw my chance.
  3. My favorite color is red.
  4. I am exactly five feet tall.
  5. I love karaoke
  6. I am afraid of rats and mice.
  7. I never thought I was a dog person until I adopted Baxter.
  8. I love singing!  If I don’t sing along with my car radio, that is a sign that I am having a very bad day and something is really wrong.
  9. At summer camp, I am the only parent who goes hunting for frogs with the kids!
  10. I had an emergency c-section when I gave birth to my daughter.
  11. I have had a breast reduction.
  12. I am divorced.
  13. I am my father’s youngest child.
  14. I am my mother’s only child.
  15. I had a cat when I was in high school that I loved very much and he died tragically, sometimes I still cry.
  16. I love bubble gum!
  17. I can have been known to hold a grudge, but I’m getting better.
  18. I am a Red Cross certified swimmer.
  19. I am utterly amazed and entranced by Martha Stewart
  20. I have three tattoos.
  21. I used to have my nose pierced and I am considering getting it re-pierced.
  22. When I get nervous, I pee… a lot!
  23. I love sock puppets
  24. I hate mayonnaise; I think it’s disgusting and should be outlawed.
  25. I love nectarines in the summertime.
  26. I try to go to Haymarket as often as I can, not for the bargains (although those are great) but because it reminds me of my dad.
  27. I have tried meditating on several occasions, I keep falling asleep.
  28. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I grew up.
  29.  My first major in college was Psychology/PreMed….my parents had their hearts set on me becoming a doctor…damned those high science scores.
  30. I love comedy, one day I hope to take a class in stand up comedy.
  31. When I got pregnant with my daughter, my feet grew.  All my shoes ended up being to small for me.
  32. I lost 60 lbs over the last year.  When I lost the majority of my wieght, my feet shrank.  All my shoes ended up being too big for me.
  33. I really hate finding crumbs in my butter, that really bother me.
  34. I am equally bothered by finding trails of jelly in the peanut butter
  35. When reading a personals ad on something like Match.com or Yahoo Personals, I am really turned off by typos!
  36. I love butterflies!
  37. During the senior year overnight retreat in high school, I snuck in Kahlua in a hairspray bottle...everyone had some and no one snitched!
  38. I spent one month at Mass General Hospital on bedrest before giving birth to my daughter, it was like being in prison!
  39. My zodiac sign is Cancer and I am in fact a typical cancer!
  40. I am hyper-sensitive to mosquito bites!
  41. I am absolutely filled with useless knowledge!
  42. I get giggle fits at absolutely the most inappropriate times, like my father's wake.
  43. I have been told that I am an excellent kisser.  I am not one to argue!
  44. I snore.
  45. It is impossible for me to sit in front of a piece of bubble wrap and not pop it.
  46. I love to dance.
  47. I am addicted to Facebook
  48. I am a huge Indiana Jones fan, although I thought the last movie sucked.
  49. I love shoes!  In particular...sassy heels!
  50. Everymonth I get a copy of Glamour magazine and the first thing I read are the "Don'ts" on the back page!
  51. I LOVE the smell of rubbing alcohol...is that wierd?
  52. I love Shark Week on the Discovery Channel!
  53. It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to watch a movie without looking at it critically through the eyes of a media professional.  Hence, Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skulls sucked to me.
  54. I throw like a girl.
  55. In the 80's my favorite outfit consisted of a white shirt with red lightning bolts, red leggings, red and white checkerboard patterned slouchy socks, white high top reeboks and a red scrunchy in my very big, permed hair!
  56. I am trying to crawl my way through a nursing program to get my RN license.
  57. I love a good hug!  When I give a hug, I mean it!
  58. I get a kick out of accents and I always find myself trying to learn them.
  59. I think glasses are sexy! That's why I refuse to get contacts, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  60. I am bummed that movies are on DVDs.  I have to replace my entire movie collection, which is on VHS...ugh.
  61. Rum Rasin is my favorite flavor ice cream.
  62. I love to cook.
  63. I hate to clean up!
  64. I cannot decorate to save my life, but I can put up a shelf and put furniture together like nobody's business.
  65. I sincerely believe that I am a legal adult but in no way should I be considered a grown up!
  66. I believe in Karma.
  67. Everyday I try to do one good deed.
  68. Bizzare Foods on the Travel Channel is one of my favorite shows.  I always wonder what Adam Zimmerman will eat next!
  69. I know why so many women enjoy horseback riding.
  70. I believe in Angels
  71. I believe in Evolution!
  72. I am not impressed by Prada shoes.
  73. I love taking pictures, which explains why there are so few pictures of me.  I'm usually behind the camera.
  74. I hate mean people.
  75. I think the world could use more compassion!
  76. Nothing bothers me more than whining!  I hate whining!
  77. I love wine!  In particular Riesling...who knew the Germans could make such good wine?
  78. I really appreciate it when people are direct and to the point!  I hate beating around the bush, just rip the band-aid off already and say what you have to say!
  79. I can read tarot cards and I have been known to be incredibly accurate.
  80. I made a fleece cape for my daughter to wear over her Halloween costume one year.  It was so well done, people kept asking me where I bought it, I was very proud.
  81. Halloween is my favorite holiday!  I love going out in public wearing a costume!
  82. I love frozen Snickers bars!
  83. I love apple picking in the fall!  Apples right off the tree taste better than any apple you could get at the market!
  84. I attempted swinging on a trapeze once, it did not go well.
  85. I love fishing.
  86. I think everyone who owns a dog should pick up after them...it really bugs me that not everyone does!
  87. My first word as a child was "puta."
  88. Mothers in Colombia use baby strollers because of me.
  89. I almost killed myself at the Grand Canyon....I was trying to get the perfect picture when the branch I was holding onto snapped.
  90. I want to learn German.
  91. Although I love to dance, I have never learned to Salsa.  I'm so ashamed.
  92. For many years, making rice was an absolute mystery.  I couldn't do it, and it brough shame to me as a Latina.
  93. I hate Crocs and I will not wear them.  I would sooner cut off my own feet before I put those on!
  94. I hate cleaning the kitchen more than anything else in the world!
  95. I am convinced that Mr. Right is living with Prince Charming in a condo in PTown.
  96. Although I am only 5 feet tall, it has come to my attention that several tall people are intimidated by me...I don't know why.
  97. Every car I ever owned had a name Junior (a Mercury Topaz), Genaro (a sporty Honda Civic coupe), Jeepie (A Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo) and currently I am driving Marvin.  Marvin is named after Marvelous Marvin Haggler (the boxer) because it was the first time I haggled tooth and nail with a car salesperson and won.
  98. I have the foulest mouth in the world, why I haven't been dragged kicking and screaming to HR yet I'll never know.
  99. I cut my hair when I am angry. Not myself...I have someone cut it for me, but it gets cut as a result of being angry.  But a co-worker did say that anger suits me after my last hair cut.
  100. I like pretty dresses!

5 comments:

  1. 6. same here!
    24. same here
    49. ohh lucky day!!!
    82. me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..I don't think I could think of 100 things about me but I enjoyed reading yours!!
    LMAO at # 95

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn! I have always thought you to be an interesting person. Now, not only do I want to list my 100, but I want to answer yours!

    Couldn't cook rice! Now that's Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fact that I could not cook rice brough a great shame to my family. My mom even stood next to me and watched me cook it once and when it came out all soupy and jacked up, she just shook her head and said she didn't understand....I did everything right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 46. that's me
    49. that's my passion, just call me Imelda Marcos Junior (thanks to Payless Shoes), lol
    66. me too!
    81. OMG me too! That has always been my favorite Holiday. We did a family portrait dressed in our costumes, just before attending our own Halloween party. I go all out in decorating the house. Ok sorry but I just had to share that...

    95. Hilarious!
    98. Shame on you! 20 lashes with a wet noodle.
    99. Never take it to the exteme of Sinead O'Connor!

    Nena it was interesting to read 100 things about you. Thank you for sharing. I'm a post one...sometime...eventually

    ReplyDelete