Sunday, August 24, 2008

Guess Who's In the Suit!



Yep, somewhere deep in that suit is a 5 ft. tall Latina wondering why she had to be a good doobie and agree to put on the suit.

Some friends at work needed to shoot some video and they needed someone to wear the Leona costume.  The person wearing the Leona from Between the Lions suit couldn't be more than 5 ft. tall.  The suit could have been worn by my good friend Baby Bear (no names here) who is also short, but she was busy working a puppet chicken also appearing in the shoot.  (That's a sentence you don't hear very often.)

Since my friends were in a bind and short one shortie, I decided to take one for the team.  After all, how hard could it be?  Just put on the suit, move around a little according to the script, no big deal, right?  Wrong!

First, it was hot in the suit!  Really hot!  I started sweating and a drop of sweat rolled right into my eye and I couldn't take the head off to rub my eye.  Second, it smelled like feet inside that Leona costume!!  The costume had just come back from the dry cleaners and it still smelled like feet!  And then, the fumes!

After we finished shooting and I got out of the costume, the day seemed to go very slowly... kind of like in slow motion.  Was it because it was just a dull kind of a day?  NO!!!!  I was stoned off the dry cleaning fumes!!  And I smelled like feet!

So next time you go to a carnival or some kids event and you see some poor soul wandering around in one of these suits hugging kids, remember, he or she is hating life at that particular moment.

3 comments:

  1. OMG...I'm sorry that you aren't a little bit taller!!!!
    I would have been roped into something like that but I would have been kicked out for gagging!
    OMG you poor thing!!!
    I don't think I will ever look at Loena the same ever ever again!!!
    Now...I am going to be afraid...very afraid of people wearing those costumes!!
    I hope that you run and hide from your friends the next time they are looking for a sucker to wear the suit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I a bit surprised that those suits are not a little more ventilated. That sweating would have done me in. I hate to sweat, and then the smell. Your are a better bear than I could have been. Slap a puppet on my anyday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a HUGE Between the Lion fan, have blogged clips before! The suit looks good on you! I was a Christmas Bear one holiday season (6 weeks in costume!) and those suits are harder the deal with and more uncomfortable than people might guess! PS Leona is not my favorite of the family, Cleo is, and Theo is his 'jazz' mode, but she always makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete