Friday, January 16, 2009

You Can Take the Girl Out of Dorchester.....



Well you know the rest.

As some of you know, my mouth has been known to get me into trouble from time to time.
I wasn't always like this. There was a time in my life when I was a door mat and let myself get pushed around. Somewhere in college, I found my voice. And this is where the trouble began.

Like many people, I always come up with the perfect "come back" long after the argument is over. But not tonight.

I got home after picking up the kid and going to the market. (Friday is the best day to go to the market because its empty by the way.) Its cold, I'm tired and I want to go inside...but there's this woman walking her dog around the parking lot of my building. This bothers me because one: She does not live here! And two: whenever a dog does his buisiness on the property, my dog gets blamed for it even though I ALWAYS pick up after my dog!

So I yell out, "Hey!! You're gonna pick up after your dog right?"

"He's not doing anything to pick up!" She did not seem happy.

"Pick up after your dog! We have rules here!!" Yes, I could have left well enough alone, but technically, she was trespassing.

"Is being an asshole one of the rules?" Oh hell no! So instead of walking inside I yell out,

"No! That's a service I provide for free to inconsiderate pricks like you! If you got something else to say, maybe you should get a little closer, DOUCHEBAG!"

She left pretty quicky.

Maybe happy suburban Braintree is the wrong place for a city girl from Dorchester to call home.

5 comments:

  1. OMG this is too funny. Nothing wrong with sticking up for yourself and the property you pay for. If she doesn't live there then she has not business lurking around while her dog makes unwanted deposits. You just said what a lot of others wish they had the guts to say. Good for you, and remind me never to piss you off :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we certainly have a lot in common, I have done the exact same thing using almost the same damn words! Sometimes you just have too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOO-HOO...good for you!!!
    Last summer my neighbor was giving us a tour of his back yard, he made a nice sitting area down near the brook and while he was showing us he made a sly remark about this area being the one that my dog likes to poop in, made me feel like a jerk but my 8 year old came out with...Well, isn't this actually OUR property?? He turned red pretty quick and admitted that Ben was right!
    That is way off topic here so I think I should go get some more coffee and shut up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! I think the look on my daughter's face was priceless when I was done verbally bashing this lady. It just made me mad that she was walking her dog on someone else's property and had the absolute gall to call me an asshole when I call her on it! And Julie, you should be proud your son made that guy feel like the jerk he was being!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahahahhahahaha...that was a great one...it's like saying...were you born stupid or is it something you practice everyday to become perfect at it..

    ReplyDelete