Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I LOVE THIS!!!!

I sang my high school choir but we sounded NOTHING like this! ! A lot of people look at choirs and roll their eyes, but there is something incredible about singing in a choir!  All your voices become one big voice.  And it's not easy! You have to listen to each other, you have to know the songs inside and out, frontwards and backwards.  And you have to train!  You have to train you voice like you were training for the Boston Marathon.  I am happy to say that I was a soprano.  Nothing against altos, but I really wanted to be a soprano. I trained my voice and did all the exercises I could until I finally moved on up!  And when your voice is trained, you protect it!  And don't even think about having something with milk in it before a performance.  I remember one performance, I was sooo proud!  I sang as loudly as I could and I could not hear my own voice because it became part of the bigger voice and it was incredible to know you have become part of something bigger. I saw this performance on Clash of the Choirs.  It sent chills up and down my spine!  I have never heard anything so big and grand and beautiful!  I have to say, that if I was in a choir and my new choir director walked in and it turned out to be Patti Labelle, I would be scared!  Because Miss Patti does not mess around!When I find some spare time, I'm going to join a choir!

2 comments:

  1. Now you talk about feeling the power, this will do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW is right!!!
    I can not see how anyone could roll their eyes at something like THAT!!!
    What a great way to start off my day...Thank You :-)

    ReplyDelete