Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Thank God Egg Nog Comes Once a Year!!

My God Sister usually has Christmas dinner at her home.  However, Superwoman landed herself in the hospital with Pneumonia and Christmas dinner was cancelled. 

It's been a rough year and my mom has been ill too.  So I had her come over here for Christmas.  Just me and my mom, the cat and the dog.  My daughter was spending Christmas Eve with her dad.

I soon realized that I had NOTHING in my fridge. So off I run to the supermarket so as not to feel so indigent on Christmas eve.  As I made my way through the dairy section I saw my Christmas weakness!

HOOD GOLDEN EGG NOG!!

Just a half gallon...that's all I bought.  Seriously, it's liquid heart disease!  WHY GOD!?  WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO DELICIOUS!?!

I came home with Ma, made dinner, and served up some egg nog as the night went on.  She found some overly dramatic movie on Univision about the birth of Christ and was as happy as a clam.  Lucky for me...I found a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum under the sink.  I completely forgot it was there!  But I found booze!!  IT WAS A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!  So a Merry Christmas was had by all!

Christmas is almost over...and my stomach feels wierd.  I think a steady diet of alcoholic rum and candy canes may not have been such a good idea.  Thank God egg nog and giant candy canes come only once a year!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Soni this blog really hit home. I also LOVE eggnog but I won't buy it because of the fact that it is "liquid heart disease" I have tried the low-fat and non-fat eggnog, but honestly, what's the point? I would rather have none then to pretend that the low and non-fat taste good.

    ReplyDelete