Thursday, December 13, 2007

TODAY WAS THE WORST DAY!!!!


As I'm sure many of you know, Boston got clobbered today by a major storm! 

I received a call that my daughter's school was being released early because of the storm.  Luckily her after school program was still going to pick up the kids.  After all, those are kids who's parents have to work.  They said they would stay open until the last kid got picked up, they only asked that parents leave work early.  Not a problem...we got early release from work! (Sounds like prison, huh?)

So I leave work to pick my daughter up.  I take 20 minutes to stop by the supermarket and pick up dog food, cat food and a few other things and I'm on my way.

TRAFFIC FUCKING SUCKED ASS!!!  IT WAS SOOOO BAD THAT IT SUCKED A WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER THINGS TOO!!!!

I'm not exaggerating...I was on the road sooo long that I got sooo incredibly thirsty.  I resorted to eating snow!!

At one point I got so frazzled I thought I was going to snap!  I had to talk MYSELF off the ledge.

Finally, finally, finally I got my daughter and took her home.

Now let's recap...I left work at 1:00pm.  By the time I walked in through my front door it was 6:00pm!  It took me 5 hours to get home!!  It took me 5 fucking hours to drive 20 miles!!

AAARRRGGGHHH!!

I NEED A DRINK!!!

6 comments:

  1. hmmm...is this when my last blog post would come in handy? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I'm not even going to complain... I thought I had it rough during a mini-storm. My 50 mile commute that I can usually nail in an hour took me three and a half.

    Praises be to God that you got home safely though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girlfriend I know exactly what you are talking about. It took me two hours to get home, a ride that typically takes 15 minutes. I'm glad both you and your daughter are home safe and sound, which is all that really matters. I hope that wasn't yellow snow you ate :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nope not yellow snow... but it was a bit salty. Hey! I was thirsty and I was trapped in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appears to be an easier commute this morning, thank goodness. Drive safely and have a great weekend. Spend the weekend making a snowman...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL...I was a bit thrown off by the early release thing here as well, I was on my way to the hospital and had already made arrangements for our regular schedule when I got the "call"
    ...PANIC MODE....I was out before the snow came but was STUCK waiting for everyone to get off of the roads so I could go home....I waited till 10 pm and the roads in the city were still AWFUL!!
    atleast everything worked out and we all made it home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete