Thursday, December 6, 2007

Shout Merry Christmas not Happy Holidays!!!


Ok everyone...I found this on my friends page and I have to say I liked it.  If you asked me about my particular faith, I would identify myself as a Christian*.  I believe in the teachings of Christ, not particularly the teachings of a specific church. 

Since the Christmas season is upon us, I feel I must speak.  We are celebrating the birth of Christ...not Santa Clause and Frosty the Snowman.  It's about love and faith...not x-boxes and iPods!  And it boggles my mind when someone gets offended when I say Merry Christmas.
When I say "Merry Christmas" I am not saying "I'm a Christian and I'm better than you are and you should believe what I believe because your beleifs are bullshit to me."  What I am saying is that "I am wishing you peace and love."  I am offering to share the peace and love that I feel with you regardless of whether or not you are a Christian. Just because you are another human being.

 I believe that as a Christian I should share love with those around me.  However, not everyone sees it that way. And if you are not a Christian I would be thrilled if you offered my your particular holiday greeting. Hey, if someone wishes me a Happy Haunukah...great! Thank you!  If you wish me a Happy Kwanza...thank you for including me!  Ramadan...Fantastic! Thank you! 

So to all of you...Christians or not...I wish you a Merry Christmas from one human being to another!

So if I offended you, I am sorry, but suck it up and know that I love you!

************************************************************************************

*Twas the month before Christmas*
*When all through our land,*
*Not a Christian was praying*
*Nor taking a stand.*
*The "politically correct" police had taken away,*
*The reason for Christmas - no one could say.*
*The children were told by their schools not to sing,*
*About Shepherds and Wise Men and Angels and things.*
*It might hurt people's feelings, the teachers would say*
*December 25th is just a "Holiday".*

*Yet the shoppers were ready with cash, checks and credit*
*Pushing folks down to the floor just to get it!*
*CDs from Madonna, an X BOX, an I-pod*
*Something was changing, something quite odd! *
*Retailers promoted Ramadan and Kwanzaa*
*In hopes to sell books by Franken & Fonda.*
*As Targets were hanging their trees upside down*
*At Lowe's the word Christmas - was no where to be found.*
*At K-Mart and Staples and Penny's and Sears*
*You won't hear the word Christmas; it won't touch your ears.*

*Inclusive, sensitive, Diversity*
*Are words that were used to intimidate me.*
*Now Daschle, Now Darden, Now Sharpton, Wolf Blitzen*
*On Boxer, on Rather, on Kerry, on Clinton!*
*At the top of the Senate, there arose such a clatter*
*To eliminate Jesus, in all public matter.*
*And we spoke not a word, as they took away our faith*
*Forbidden to speak of salvation and grace*

*The true Gift of Christmas was exchanged and discarded*
*The reason for the season, stopped before it started.*
*So as you celebrate "Winter Break" under your "Dream Tree"*
*Sipping your Starbucks, listen to me.*
*Choose your words carefully, choose what you say*

*Shout "MERRY CHRISTMAS", not Happy Holiday!*

8 comments:

  1. wow that got around fast! i posted it on 360 too... doncha just love the Lord.. He makes sure we get the TRUTH across...

    btw..

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! (the day that CHRIST was brought to the MASses)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you ROCK! ;) (and I still have to call you....lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was definately worth a repost...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mandy shouts MERRY CHRISTMAS Sonia
    click this link

    Click on the red light on the traffic light to activate.

    http://www.citizenlink.org/Stoplight/A000005834.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that link above was awesome!!! I'm sending that around to EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm putting that link on Craigslist!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you're talking. Thats a brilliant idea Sonia.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete