Friday, January 18, 2008

I Have Lost My Sense Of Sass....

It's true...I have lost my sense of sass....

Before wifedom, motherhood and ex-wifery, I was quite sassy.  Now when I say sassy, I don't mean smart mouthed or whitty.  I'm still quite sassy in that regard.  However, there was a time when I would never leave the house with a hair out of place, always dressed up, lookin' good!

Well, we get older and we get tired and getting all dressed up isn't as much of a priority.  That was until yesterday!

It was the end of the day and I went to the bathroom.  A friend of mine was at the sink washing her hands.  She's very sassy!  Always dresses nicely, lovely make-up, funky glasses.  She looks great!  And then I saw my reflection next to hers...WOW!!  What a wake up call.

Now, I'm not saying I wander around looking homeless.  But I was wearing a baggy turtle neck, jeans, sneakers and my hair was not at its best...it was a head band day.  I did not look inappropriate, but I looked like I didn't care about how I looked.

Well, that changed today.  Wore something a little more fitted, hair was washed, blow dried, styled and even used a little product.  I felt better about myself...and the compliments were an added bonus!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes we get a little too comfortable in our own skin, so we don't spend as much time trying to look good. That does happen with age, almost like we feel we have senority so we don't have to try so hard. It is true, if we look good, we feel good, it just takes a little more effort. As always, great blog.

    ReplyDelete