Sunday, January 20, 2008

Today I EARNED My Money!!!!

Today I have to say that I earned my money! 

Last week I get a call from the Make a Wish Foundation.  In case you haven't heard of them, they grant wishes for terminally ill kids.  They were having their annual cruise around Boston Harbor for kids who have had their wishes granted this year.  And they needed face painters to add to the list of activities for their kids....

I was thrilled to see that I was booked on the Spirit of Boston.  I love that ship!  My senior class had their graduation party there...ahh memories.

Well, I'm face painting for some great kids and the ship pulls up anchor...we're on our way.  But why does my tummy feel funny? Uh-oh....I'm feeling the beginings of sea sickness.

Let's keep in mind...today the Patriots played the Chargers.  Since I am in the heart of New England, home of the New England Patriots...everyone wanted the team logo.  Over and over again, while I'm fighting sea sickness, I have to do the Patriots logo...lovingly referred to as the "Flying Elvis."

Little sips of water here or there...deep breaths...and then come the sweats...I was so sea sick I started sweating like a turkey on the day before Thanksgiving!  In the middle of a Flying Elvis I had to take a moment and sit down.  A parent asked me if I needed her to find me a doctor.  I was so embarrassed...and I was a lovely shade of grey.

Finally, thank God, we dock!  I was never so happy to see land.  But you know...I still felt queezy.  Maybe I was hungry...maybe sea sickness does not go away the second you stand on dry land.  I'm off to find my car in the worlds larges underground parking garage.  I have no idea where it is and all I want to do is lie down on the cool concrete and wait for the sweet release of death.  I find my car, but I was leaving at the same time as about 300 other families who were at the same event. 

About 45 minutes later I am finally leaving the garage...and I'm not feeling much better because the garage smelled of exhaust fumes. 

On the way home, since my daughter was with my mom, I called home to see if she wanted me to pick anything up for lunch....who answers the phone?  My daughter.

"Put Nana on the phone"
"No!!  I have to talk to you"
"Treenie my phone battery is almost dead"
"But I need to talk to you!"
"Put Nana on the phone!!!!"
"NO!!!!"
"TREENIE..PUT NANA ON THE...Hello?....Damn!"

Luckily, my mom made lunch, thank God, I was starving....but it was fish.

After a two hour nap...I felt much better.  And yes, today I earned my money, every last cent of it!!  Cha-ching!!!

2 comments:

  1. Not only did you make your money, you did a very good deed. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OYE....I am swaying just thinking about it!
    Glad to hear you feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete