Thursday, January 3, 2008

I'm ready to get out there!

Now the question is how?

I'm ready.  I have been divorced for some time now.  And I've come to the point in my life that I know what I want in a relationship.  And I think its time that I get out there again and try again.

I've been going a bit stir crazy lately.  I get up in the morning.  I take my daughter to school.  I go to work.  I pick my daughter up from her after school program.  I go home.  I check in on my mom.  And the next day I do it all over again.

Weekends aren't much better.

I miss having someone to come home to.  I miss having that someone who I can turn to and say anything to.

Now, here's the problem.  How do I find this person?  I'm too old to go to a club.  I'm not saying that I would be turned away at the door because of my ripe old age of 35, but when I get there what do I do?  And I was tired of the bar scene before I got married.  I don't think I would find it refreshing now!

I've tried the internet....but all I get are freaks!  I'm serious!!  Serious freaks!!  You chat with someone online because you like their profile and they like yours and then they ruin it by being freaks! 

One guy kept asking me about my feet.  What size are they?  Do I paint my toe nails?  Would I be open to bondage tickling?  (I'm serious...I shit you not...he actually asked me this!!)

Another guy seemed nice enough.  He was divorced, had kids, was looking for Ms. Right, etc, etc, etc!  20 minutes into the conversation he asks me what my favorite position is! 

Third guy comes right out and asks me if I swallow!

Fourth guy didn't have a picture on his profile but he sounded nice enough.  While chatting on IM I asked if he had a picture.  He sends me a picture...of his penis!!

Is it me?!  Am I a freak magnet? (I swear I'm going to die alone with 37 cats!)

Ok, someone give me a hint!  Where can I find a good man... over 35... single.. not insane... who likes kids and dogs... doesn't do drugs or drinks too much... who has a job... and has a good sense of humor.  Full head of hair is optional.  Is that too much to ask?!  Does this man even exist?!

Here's the thing that kills me.  I have set up two of my friends with guys.  Both of these friends have since married these guys and are living happily ever after.  I can do this for my friends, but I can't do it for myself!!  ARGH!!  (And do you think either one of them returned the favor?  That is a blog for another day!)

If anyone could email me a road map or maybe some kind of directional schematic as to how to find this person I would greatly appreciate it.

6 comments:

  1. Not much help here, but I'm thinking....what's wrong with "alone with 37 cats"?? Sad part of that question is: I'm serious! I'm finally ok with the thought of living alone. Whether I'll end up that way or not, who knows. Enjoy your life, find things you like to do and just do them for you. In the process, you may actually find someone who you have something in common with (voila! a shared hobby or interest!! Great start!). And to top this off with something REALLY ANNOYING: don't forget to put God first. All others should come second anyways ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could lead in you the right direction but all I can say is remember you have to kiss a lot of frogs to get to the prince. The one thing I would say is don't get discouraged and give up. Just keep living your life and making yourself available to meet someone or several someones because really that's all you can do. I have a great life but hey I have always hated being alone and I'll be dang if I'm going to have 37 cats (I can't stand cats) I won't even get a puppy....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soni all I can to say is don't give up on the internet search. I had a profile on yahoo and match.com for almost 4 years before I finally met someone that I have been with for the past four years, and believe me, I am not easy to please, and I did not compromise my standards. I had my share of dates, some very nice people, just no chemistry, some just way too weird for me, and some looking just for sex. I started my search a few years after a 20 year relationship ended, when I was in my mid-forties. I was not into the bar scene and waiting for fate was taking too long, so I stuck with the internet search and I am glad I did. Good luck....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soni all I can to say is don't give up on the internet search. I had a profile on yahoo and match.com for almost 4 years before I finally met someone that I have been with for the past four years, and believe me, I am not easy to please, and I did not compromise my standards. I had my share of dates, some very nice people, just no chemistry, some just way too weird for me, and some looking just for sex. I started my search a few years after a 20 year relationship ended, when I was in my mid-forties. I was not into the bar scene and waiting for fate was taking too long, so I stuck with the internet search and I am glad I did. Good luck....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to tell you that you get what you need when you need it or aren't "looking" for it but I am going to say that I was watching a dating show the other night (don't quite know why) and the guy hosting the show stated to get out of the clubs and get in line....coffee lines, store lines....I know I find myself chatting in line with strangers and some times the person behind them smiles or joins in the conversation ~ you never know who you might meet :-)
    hang in there and remember to have FUN!!

    ReplyDelete