Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sara Palin and Planned Parenthood - UPDATED


Hello All:

I didn't write the following...but I wish I had!  I blog jacked this from a friend's blog and I thought I'd share it with all of you.

And yes, I will be making a donation in honor of our favorite moose eating ding-bat neo-con!

JUST AN ADDED NOTE:  IF YOU FEEL THE SAME AND YOU WANT TO PROTECT WOMEN'S HEALTH, THEN PLEASE MAKE A DONATION SO WE CAN SEND A MESSAGE.  IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE MUCH AT ALL.  AND THEN REPOST THIS BLOG!  AND ENCOURAGE YOUR READERS TO REPOST THIS BLOG!  LETS SEE HOW FAR WE CAN TAKE THIS!

AND IN THESE PRECARIOUS ECONOMIC TIMES, IF YOU CAN'T DONATE, THAT'S COOL TOO, BUT REMEMBER TO SPREAD THE WORD!  REMEMBER, WE'VE COME THIS FAR AND NO ONE WANTS TO GO BACK TO BACK ALLEYS AND WIRE COAT HANGERS!!


///////////////////////////////////////////

Dear Friends,

We may have thought we wanted a woman on a national political ticket, but
the joke has really been on us, hasn't it? Are you as sick in your stomach
as I am at the thought of Sarah Palin as Vice President of the United
States?

Since Palin gave her speech accepting the Republican nomination for the Vice
Presidency, Barack Obama's campaign has raised over $10 million dollars.

Some of you may already be supporting the Obama campaign financially -- but
want to do more -- anything. I am horrified by Palin's selection, furious,
and frightened by it for many reasons, one of which is her position on
women's issues. May I pass along the following fiendishly brilliant idea?

Make a donation to Planned Parenthood of any amount, in Sarah Palin's name.
Here's the best part: when you make a donation to PP in her name, they'll
send her a card telling her that the donation has been made in her honor. It
won't change the election but it will support an important organization and
it will make women's voices heard. (And even if this was cooked up by a PP
person -- I don't care!

Here's the link to the Planned Parenthood website:

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/

You'll need to check "make honorary or memorial gift," and fill in the name
of the person you want to "honor," i.e. Palin. Fill in the address to let PP
know where to send the "in Sarah Palin's honor" card. If you use the address
for the McCain campaign headquarters, they'll get the message.

McCain's headquarters address:

Sarah Palin
McCain for President
1235 S. Clark Street
1st Floor Arlington, VA 22202

Please free to send this along to all your women -- and men friends and urge
them to do the same.

> I just did it, easy as pie...

20 comments:

  1. OMG what a brilliant idea!!! I would like to seal this blog for my site as well! Do you think I could?
    I want them to be bombarded her ty cards. She will get her snowsuit in a bunch for sure. I have already copied the address and am about to go make a donation.....
    Thanks Sonia, and thank your friend! Please tell me if it is ok to use the blog to get the ball rolling to even more ppl!!!!
    I am delighted!!!


    I did it! In the section for Honary gift has a place for 2 names... I put John McCain and the Sarah Palin! That is the most fun I have had all day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PP should be receiving lots of donations soon :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am writing my check this very second. Well done Sonia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO...I only wish I could afford to send a donation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, brilliant!

    But if the TY cards go to the campaign headquarters, Palin will never see them. Why not send them to the governor's mansion or her house in Alaska?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ABSOLUTELY YOU CAN USE THE BLOG!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an excellent point! Anybody have her address in Alaska? Although, this is McCaine's main headquarters, if enough arrive, I think they'll get word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roex2 told me about this..thanks for this ..Im making an donation now..!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks I will do it right now...
    hugs... how fun is this?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Julie! I made my donation today. And like Barak Obama's campaign, it doesn't have to be alot. I only donated $5, which means I'll bring my lunch to work 1 day more than I usually do. But if you can't donate, that's cool too...just spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Julie! I made my donation today. And like Barak Obama's campaign, it doesn't have to be alot. I only donated $5, which means I'll bring my lunch to work 1 day more than I usually do. But if you can't donate, that's cool too...just spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, I only gave $10. And I put it on my blog today too Sonia...I looked for the address of Alaska Gov and it isn't listed, at least I can't find it, but what ever....The campaign center if they get enough Palin and McCain will know. It's all about grassroots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know what? Anyone reading the blogs we have posted, if they feel the same, should blog-jack and repost it on their blogs. Let's see how far we can take this thing! I'm going to edit my post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK Good idea! Edit yours and I will edit mine too asking my contacts to please jack and post on their blogs. oh I gave another 5 today! LOL

    This is so great!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHA... DID YOU GET MINE EDITED VERSION! GO LOOK, MINE IS IN RED TOO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh and call me Rho or Rhoroe...thanks, so are you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok passing along with my disclaimer...put passing along all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is hilarious...i still wonder if she would allow her daughters to fight in Iraq...she is so willing to allow other parents kids, to go fight "Gods" war, but, would she back up her words, by putting her own daughters in harms way???
    I doubt it...when she had a chance to enlist, and serve her country, neither she or her husband did...heck, if she is so religious, why did she elope, and not get married in a church...Her husband worked for a British oil company..and it seems, US laws, do not apply to them...
    I do know, their son was deployed on 9-11-8 to Iraq...wonder if that was co-incidence..
    I am curious though, why Todd Palin only registered to vote in 1989....at the age of 25..

    ReplyDelete