Saturday, November 29, 2008

Falling Down Stairs, Kids and Panties


Today my daughter asked me what was better, being a kid or being an adult.

She thought being an adult was better because I get to drive, I get to buy what ever I want (yeah, right!)I get to vote and I get to stay up late.

I on the other hand would love to be a kid again for just one day.

She gave me a confused look and asked why.

I asked her..."Let's stay you are at school and you fall down the stairs...tell me exactly what would happen next?"

She thought about it and we came up with a list.

First, everyone would ask her if she was ok. Other kids or a teacher would help her up. She would go to the nurse. If she started to cry, someone would comfort her and maybe give her a little hug. The nurse might let her hang out for a little while in her office and giver her some juice. And for the rest of the day, everyone would be sooo concerned asking if she was ok.

Earlier this summer I fell down the stairs at work.

A coworker of mine came running to me with a stack of digital tapes that needed to be dubbed onto d-beta and if I could please run them over to the tape floor..hurry...super urgent...the editor's are waiting.

So off I ran with a bunch of tapes and work orders.

I wanted to be green so I took the stairs. While running down the stairs I lost my footing and down I went..boom, boom, boom, boom, boom!

Tapes everywhere! Work orders fluttering down the stair case.

I am laying on the landing with the word splat hanging over me and little birds and stars circling my head. And on top of that I was wearing a dress...lying there...legs akimbo with my lady-town making its big debut. Well, at least I was wearing cute panties.

And if you, by any chance, are wondering how bad the fall was, the picture I chose to post along with today's blog is a pretty accurate representation...only in a dress!

Luckily...no one was there to see the fall. While at the same time, no one was there. So if I had gotten really hurt, who knows how long I would have laid there until someone found me.

Well, I wasn't badly hurt; mostly bumps, bruises and scrapes. But I had to get up and keep right on going. I needed to get my tapes where they had to go. So I collected myself, collected my things. Yes, I was crying like a little girl, but I staggered to the tape floor and got the job done.

And for the rest of the day..."Dude! I heard you fell! HA! No, serious, you ok? But that's still pretty funny!"

There was no nurse. No juice.  Not even a friggin' pat on the head!!

That's why being a kid is better if its only for the juice!

5 comments:

  1. I am with you totally! When I was smacked on the head by an icepack when I opened my freezer my older son was upset that he didn't get it on video! When I was a 4th grader and was smacked in the face by a dodgeball I got loads of love and sympathy, plus a nose job so that when my friends got theirs for their sweet 16's, I got luggage! LOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I could I would go back to age 5
    I would give anything to go back to the age where I didn't have a care in the world where all I had to do was be good and keep my mouth shut.
    Now I have to worry about so much it isn't even funny. Things like rent and debt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First let me ask..... are you OK???? I would love to be a kid again just so I could watch TV all day, play on the computer, and not worry about bills and the never ending household chores.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet Sonia! I hope you are ok Hun...It is harder when you are an adult. Our biggest disappointment when we are kids is when we were told we couldn't stay up past bedtime. I wish someone would allow me to go to bed early now! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. i prefer being a kid too....mostly....skip the teenage years..though, i once fell down stairs, and no one was around for a long time...i just lay there...also, fell off a tree....nope. no one asked or worried...hmmmm then, there was the time i almost drowned in the ocean...on 2nd thought, it's a toss up, being an adult over a kid..

    ReplyDelete