Monday, February 9, 2009

Wow... My Kid is Growing Up!!!



It has come to my attention that in a few days my daughter will be 8 years old.

I'm having a lot of trouble dealing with this.  She is my one and only baby and she is growing up so quickly!

And no matter what I do, she won't stop!!

I have asked nicely.  I have made firm requests.  I have tried bribery.  I have flat out told her to stop it!  And soon I will resort to plain old begging.  But no matter what I do...she won't stop this "growing up" thing!!

Its the subtle changes that kill me.  She used to have these cute chubby little feet, now they're not chubby anymore.  And she has lost most of her baby fat.  And where the hell did she get long legs from?!?!?  She certainly didn't get them from me!

And now she's concerned about cute shoes...her hair...and she's having all these opinions!
And she argues with me!

And she thinks like a lawyer!!!! 

Today in the supermarket, we were picking out snacks for school.  She wanted to buy these big hunks of fudge.  I said no because its candy and her school does not allow candy as a snack.

She looked at the fudge and said, "Mommy...fudge is like chocolate.  Chocolate is a candy...but if I bring chocolate chip cookies for a snack its ok.  So I can eat candy as long as its in a cookie.... so I should be able to have the candy without the cookie!  Why does the cookie make the candy ok?"

How do you respond to that?!?! 

All I could say was "BECAUSE I SAID SO!!"  And I felt like a dumbass saying that because I didn't know what else to say to that!

So in the upcoming days....I will be posting a blog here and there about my daughter in celebration of her upcoming birthday.

7 comments:

  1. Ah, I know how you feel. My grandson Phoenix just turned 8 on 1/11.
    Your baby is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And she will always be your monkey doodle. The only difference now is your monkey doodle will have an opinion and her own point of view about things. Your daughter is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure is beautiful!!!
    I totally understand how you feel! Ben has changed so much and Miss katie is starting to loose more and more of her baby features ~ he's going to be 9 and she is going to be 5!!
    Ben has ALWAYS loved to debate things and 99.9 % of the time the little stinker is right and it IS hard to argure with him...
    Maybe they will both work at the same law firm some day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful.... you've only JUST begun ...yo PO thang

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful young woman! I laughed at "it has come to my attention..." because I am sure that birthday talk has been going on for at leasat 2 months nonstop! Enjoy the time, it does go fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. of course, if she bought the candy, and made a cookie with them...that would be ok...problem solved...now for the growing thing...well, you could always regress, that way you could be even.,.

    ReplyDelete